This bundle is intended for people new to Civilization VI and contains Civilization VI, six DLC packs as well as the Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm expansions. The New Frontier Pass is not included in the Platinum Edition.
Civilization VI is a historical strategy game with one goal: build an empire to stand the test of time. Explore new land, research technology, conquer your enemies and go head-to-head with historical leaders as you lead your civilization from rocks to rockets.
Created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is one of the most acclaimed and influential game franchises in strategy game history. In this most recent entry, you have more ways than ever to engage with your world. Choose a leader and pursue agendas inspired by their real-life counterparts. Cities expand physically across the map, create new strategic possibilities through the game as you pursue one of five ways to achieve victory.
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Platinum Edition is the classic collection of Civilization VI content, including the Sid Meier’s Civilization VI game, six DLC packs as well as the Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm expansions.
The Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Platinum Edition contains both major expansion packs:
• CIVILIZATION VI: RISE AND FALL: The Rise and Fall expansion brings new choices, strategies, and challenges for players as they guide a civilization through the ages. The expansion introduces new game mechanics including Great Ages and Governors, expands existing Diplomacy and Government systems, and adds 8 civilizations, 9 leaders, and many new units, districts, wonders, and buildings. Can you lead your people into a Golden Age of prosperity? Or will your empire face the challenges of a Dark Age?
• CIVILIZATION VI: GATHERING STORM: Explore an active planet in an expansion that introduces climate changes for the first time in series history. Contend with natural disasters and other new Environmental Effects, complete great Engineering Projects, and manage electrical power and consumable resources. Gathering Storm also introduces a World Congress and a new Diplomatic Victory condition. With an entire new era added to the Technology and Civics trees, as well as new civilizations, leaders, units, and buildings, Gathering Storm offers a tremendous amount of content for Civilization players.
• Platinum Edition Contents:
o Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
o Civilization VI: Rise and Fall expansion
o Civilization VI: Gathering Storm expansion
o Civilization VI – Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
o Civilization VI – Vikings Scenario Pack
o Civilization VI – Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
o Civilization VI – Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack
o Civilization VI – Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack
o Civilization VI – Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack
• THE WORLD’S GREATEST LEADERS: Play as one of 54 of history’s greatest leaders. Build an empire of trade with Mansa Musa of Mali, flex the might of your legions with Trajan of Rome, or develop a powerhouse of culture with Hojo Tokimune of Japan. Each leader comes with unique abilities, units, and infrastructure in their quest for victory that will help you on your path to victory.
• EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Cities are now living things, occupying multiple tiles on the map as they grow.
• ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock tech boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. Everything from special achievements to chance discoveries can advance your civilization by leaps and bounds.
• DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late-game alliances and complex negotiations.
• GREAT AGES: As your civilization ebbs and flows, and you reach milestone Historic Moments, you will move towards Dark Ages or Golden Ages, with challenges or bonuses to match.
• LOYALTY: Cities now have Loyalty to your empire – let it fall too low, and face rebel units and a potential declaration of independence. But one civilization’s loss can be your gain - attract new cities to peacefully join your empire by inspiring Loyalty among your rivals.
• GOVERNORS: Recruit, appoint, and upgrade powerful characters with unique specialization bonuses and promotion trees to customize your cities, and reinforce Loyalty.
• COMBINED ARMS: Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units.
• ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS: Volcanoes, storms (blizzards, sandstorms, tornados, hurricanes), floods, and droughts bring the world to life like never before. Your settlement choices are more important than ever as you balance high risks with high rewards.
• POWER AND CONSUMABLE RESOURCES: Strategic resources play an enhanced role, and electricity has been expanded. Power plants now consume units of fuel each turn. Initially you’ll be using Coal and Oil, but renewable energy sources become available as technology advances. Your choices about resource usage will directly affect the world’s temperature and can cause melting ice caps and rising sea levels.
• ENGINEERING PROJECTS: Shape the earth itself by building canals, dams, tunnels and railroads. When settling cities, consider the flood risk to coastal lowland areas, but keep in mind that in the late-game, new technologies like Flood Barriers can be used to protect these tiles.
• WORLD CONGRESS: Make your voice heard among the other leaders of the world. Earn Diplomatic Favor through Alliances, influencing city-states, competing in World Games, and more. Use Diplomatic Favor to extract promises from other leaders, vote on Resolutions, or call a Special Session to address an emergency.
• 21ST CENTURY TECHNOLOGIES & CIVICS: A new era has been added to the Technology and Civics trees. Combat new environmental effects with speculative ideas such as relocating your population out to seasteads and developing technologies to recapture carbon emissions.
• ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER: In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends playing on Xbox in a wide variety of scenarios all designed to be easily completed in a single session.